Friday, July 19, 2013

From Bolivia

We have to travel into town a bit to find an Internet cafe, but I am here today, typing on a computer circa 1990.  I try to be as honest as I can when I write, maybe to a fault, so I will tell you that our trip has been fairly miserable thus far.

We had $600.00US stolen from us going through customs which put a major damper on our touristy plans.  Then two days later my two middle children fell seriously ill and were hospitalized for two days.  When the staff found out we were from the US, the quality of care plummeted and the cost skyrocketed, which is nothing compared to the black fear we felt for the lives of our children. We thank God and for all the intercessions that they are healthy again. 

My plans of retreat and time in prayer seem almost comical at this point, as I can´t seem to find energy to even reach for a bible.  I am filled with a cranky, bratty, self imposed pity party that I can´t seem to shake off.

I have lots to share about the comparative poverty and the attitudes of our culture towards economy and the poor versus those from this under developed nation; might not be what you would have imagined.  But for today, I want thank all of you for your prayers for my children and our family and to ask that they continue.

All Things in Christ,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment