Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Looking around.

So here I am. A lone Catholic Worker in Tulsa, waiting for a community to join me.  Perfectly content in my solitary committment to Christ but I still hope God blesses Tulsa with a larger CW showing in our town. 

I get so used to driving downtown or to other parts of town to search for the hungry that I forgot to look in front of me.  There are hungry people living right next door.  My own neighbors, friends of my children go to bed with empty tummies.  Oops. How could I not have seen the needs that I walk by every single day on the way to my car? We tried to fix that oversight over the weekend by grilling and eating outside. The hungry tummies eventually made their way over and we were blessed by God in being able to share, not just the food, but our day and our family time.

May God forgive my blind eyes and be glorified in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment